Friday, February 18, 2005

The Humble Tortilla

I realized today that much of my diet consists of tortillas. My shopping list always contains wheat tortillas, cheese, and baby greens. But when I eat out for lunch, chances are good that I'll get a wrap there too. If I pack a lunch, it'll be a wrap and yogurt. Dinner is more often than not a burrito of some sort. I've pretty much stopped buying other types of bread (except bagels and, on occasion, "Ovens of Manitowac" loaves of the high Omega 3 variety). One of my favorite hot meals is a wrap, thawed (frozen) broccoli bits, and cheese melted up in the microwave.

Why do I like wraps? I think I don't really care about food that much. I guess I was blessed with dull taste buds, because taste is obviously not a high priority. So other factors come into play. Nutrition is first, and and convenience is number two. And that, my friend, is the way I understand it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home