Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Joystick101 server

Granted, my Linux experience is virtually nonexistent, but I'm not convinced that "shorewell stop" (command to stop the firewall) should stop *all* traffic to the machine (isn't that what turning the firewall "on" is supposed to do?) But apparently the creators felt that the firewall should be a default thing, and anyone who was supposed to get in would know how to configure the firewall to allow it, (and, at a certain level of paranoia that I'm not -- for better or worse-- at, this *does* make sense). Probably, any 'nix geek knows this...

Suffice to say, I ran across this oddity, configured the firewall to allow remote access, and restarted it, and now my Linux-enabled friends can set it up. My job here, as they say, is done. Limited as it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home