Monday, May 15, 2006

birthday

Another year, another 12 months of adventure and uncertainty! Life is still pretty freakin' good.

You probably want to get a gift for me, right? Well why wouldn't you? We all like to give gifts. We just tend to be too busy or poor or otherwise occupied to follow through with that urge. I know that I am. The other thing, of course, is that we sometimes look around and realize that we already often have more than what we need, and anything else in our lives would be just adding to that.

Do I really need anything? Not really. I've got a fine job, fine friends, a wonderful partner, good food, etc. and when I need something, I generally have enough money to buy it myself. I even have more than enough luxuries: I have 2 bikes, a car, a great laptop, camera, etc. etc.

I'm out of toothpaste though -- sucking out the remains of my travel stash. I need to go shopping...

So the question becomes more one of "want" than need. What do I want? Last night I ordered a replacement for my 1993 sleeping bag, which wasn't even a need there since the old one still works pretty well (it's a bit less warm than it was, but still sufficient, really).

I'd like a bike stand to work on my bikes, but can't justify the price or the amount of space they take up. And I'd like toothpaste: bath and travel-sized. And a few extra hours each day.

2 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!
And a wish that your year be full of life, love, and laughter!
from your sister

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i tried to call and wish you a happy bday but your phone number changed. I guess i know how i rate. happy bday anyway. jen k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home