Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My happy happy butt

There are times that I notice things I usually take for granted. My butt's comfort on my daily ride is one of those things. I love my Brooks B17 bike saddle. I think I've mentioned that I love my fixed gear bike, but really, a big part of it, I'm sure, is that my butt is very happy to be on a comfy saddle.

Just one seat ago (about 3 months now) my butt would ache after a relatively short ride to work. And although I use the benign word "butt" I'm talking about my taint. It was not happy. I was not happy. My GF and I were both worried that this could someday turn into something we'd both not be happy about.

I'd heard stories about this saddle -- legends really -- and thought they were mythical and overblown. So when I googled them and found near-godly reviews, I decided to seek one out for myself, and I asked around a bit more intently, and heard more stories -- most with a warning that they're rock hard, others with the warning that they're fragile and require great care. So dire were the local warnings that I began to suspect they were part a larger conspiracy to keep such a good thing to the blessed. And I determined to get one.

And now I am happy. My butt is happy. My fiancee is happy. It's a happy thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home