Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Back from FML

Camp ended again. The campers left. The counselors helped take everything down and left. I took a day to paint the floor in my cabin and left. I visited my dearest friend Ali and her BF Rob in Boston, and drove to Michigan. It was MIS Weekend, or something like that. NASCAR. Not a great time to find a cheap hotel there. Oops. So, for $110, I watched cable (fascinating device, the TV), slept in until 9am, and had a nice waffle breakfast. Then I drove through Chicago to Madison, and apart from being fleeced by tolls because I don't have an "I-Pass", Saturday early afternoon isn't a bad time to drive through Chicago. I made Madison by 3pm.

Car's unpacked, room's semi-reassembled, a few beers were had, reunited with C who was in town for a wedding, and it's good to be back. Sunday morning brings a nice breakfast with friends and more friends (ah, so nice to feel loved!), and C and I drive to Iowa, where she's starting to profess at Grinnell. Not sure I like Grinnell yet, but it's hot and dry, and treeless, and I just came from Eden via Madison, so my level of norms, I guess, were a bit high. Compared to Michigan, Iowa is wonderful. I'm sure it will grow as I get familiar with it.

So now I need to start to focus on my plans for the semester. And get an oil change. Busy busy busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home