Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Madison is hot.

and humid. yecchh. I am reminded of why I so enjoy Maine. Although I arrive here with a cold, and basking in the hot sun here I am reminded of why it sucks to get a cold in the summer. I wonder if I can do a morning dip in Lake Monona, or would the neighbors call the cops about a naked swimmer? Or is it just too gross of a lake to even attempt that right now? These are questions that may never be answered.

Seymour is with Noah and Addie and their new puppy Millie for the next few days -- probably moping.

And hey! I got a new car! New to me, that is. It's a 1996 Toyota Corolla DX sedan, and it's (ready?) Super Red. That's the color. But wait, there's more: it's got a spoiler!!! -- which is really really important on the Toyota Corolla, because otherwise, man, when I'm draggin' ya know, and I hit top speed, like 90, uh, it'll freakin' pull up off the road man. Yeah, the spoiler keeps it glued to the road.

Oh, we're not done yet. Yes, there's more: It's got the "Gold Package" -- genuine 24k gold-plated name plates and Toyota insignias all around, which looks darn purty next to the Super Red paint, and spoiler.

I'm a little bit embarrassed driving a car that someone spent $998 + tax on for status items, but I'm torn. I can't take the spoiler off because the holes are there. I could replace the gold insignias with regular ones from the junkyard, but is it worth it? Is this desire on my part to remove these vile accessories equal to the desire of the original owners to have them? It's a quandry of ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE. Maybe if I just get a bumper sticker that says "spoilers suck" on the spoiler people will be very confused and leave me alone.

So I have a Honda Civic for sale...

3 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, if i can drive my car, which doesn't fit me- you can have gold & spoiler. as v says, it keeps people guessing...

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Who's v?

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger nichole said...

You'll never guess! :)

Seriously, what year is your Civic? I have a wheel-less sister who might be interested.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home