Monday, July 11, 2005

sing a song

This year, because we have no counselors with musical ability, I've
been leading the "campfire" sessions -- boys singing. It's actually
pretty amazing that they sing. I know about 12 chords, and am not
very good at switching between them so it's fairly awful to listen
to, which makes it even more amazing that they sing. Maybe they're
just trying to drown out my playing. I am getting some really cool
calluses on my fingers -- I almost feel like a real musician. Today I
wrote a song called "Laundry Day"

G D
Take all the clothes you've been wearing all week
G
that are stinky and gross like Noah's feet
C G
and throw them in the van in a bag tied tight
D G
and they'll come back clean by Thursday night.

(I suspect the notes aren't aligned properly, so don't even bother
trying to sing it)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home